Helen Placito – Centre Manager
Helen has worked at Children’s Centres for the past six and a half years and has experience in both management and Outreach support. She has previously worked in a school based background and has extensive knowledge supporting children with additional needs.
Sarah Childs – Outreach Worker
Sarah Childs is our Outreach Worker. Her previous work experience has been in Residential homes, schools and family support. She has recently completed her Foundation Degree in Social Sciences. Sarah hours are flexible but she is generally available Tuesday 10 – 2:30pm, Wednesday 9 – 3:30pm, Thursday 9.00-3.30 pm and Friday 11:30 – 4.00 pm.
Paula Waspe –Playworker/Advice and Information
Paula is our Playworker and runs our Stay and Play and Messy Play sessions at the centre. Paula is a qualified Teacher and has experience of working in schools. Paula is available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
Sophie Georgallou- Advice and Information
Sophie is originally from Liverpool and now lives in Molesey with her Husband and son, she is currently studying for a Criminology degree. Sophie has extensive local knowledge and can help with any queries you may have. She works Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Sophie is currently on Maternity Leave
What we offer
The centre offers a range of services for families with children aged 0-4:
- A variety of fun sessions for parents and children to attend together that support children’s learning and development
- Outreach support via appointment both at the centre and via home visits for families needing more intensive support or those unable to access the centre
- Support and advice on parenting, local childcare options and access to specialist services for families with young children
- Links to Jobcentre Plus and Adult Education such as Parenting, ESOL, First Aid, Healthy Eating, English and Maths GSCE courses
- Appointments with midwives, health visitors and community nursery nurses at the children’s centre:
– Ante and postnatal check ups
– Breastfeeding support
– Parent craft classes
– Child health clinic
– Early weeks support
– 27 month review checks
– Introduction to solids
- We are a breastfeeding friendly centre
- Information on local services and events
- Volunteering positions and opportunities to become a parent representative on out advisory board
Mon 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am – 2.30 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am – 2.30 pm
Thursday 9:00 am – 2.30 pm
Friday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm